We are an organization of dedicated volunteers who create and maintain community gardens in New Westminster. Our partners include the City of New Westminster, non-government organizations and local businesses.
Our gardens enhance the urban landscape, support environmental sustainability and provide opportunities for members to enjoy gardening in the city.
To develop community gardens throughout the City of New Westminster and by doing so:
- Increase the profile of urban agriculture
- Promote environmentally sustainable gardening practices
- Increase access to, and the consumption of, locally grown produce
- Build a sense of community around food, and
- Decrease the city’s ecological footprint.
Our Community Gardens
- Simcoe Community Garden
- St. Mary’s Community Garden
- City Hall Community Garden
Learn more about our our community gardens.
To apply for a garden plot, please see our membership page.
New Westminster Community Gardening Society
PO Box 303 – 720 6th Street
New Westminster, BC, V3L 3C5